photo about-14.png photo contact-10.png photo FAQ.png photo press-2.png photo shop-3.png

Summer Cleanse



I've been asked by a few people do talk about my favorite cleanse. Interested?  Or not so much?  And maybe this is TMI for some.  But if you are interested, I'm going to give you the links to my favorite cleanse.  I like to do it twice a year, and I've yet to do it 2010. I thought this would be a nice time to give it a go as summer approaches us {and a vacation}.  I am a huge fan of Kris Carr's Adventure Cleanse.  

This cleanse consists of cutting out the following:
*caffeine
*alcohol
*gluten
*animal products
*sugar

The list of goods for this cleanse is here and a menu list is here. Instead of 28 days, I do it for about 7-12 days.  You can read in detail about the cleanse by clicking on the links I've listed {including the benefits and any answers to the questions you may have about this cleanse}.  Personally, I feel exhausted and cranky at the beginning, but by day 7 I feel incredible.  It's challenging to get started, actually, it's VERY challenging.  I can't tell you how many weeks I say, "THIS MONDAY WILL BE MY START DAY".  And it never happens.  So I encourage you to push yourself to get started if you're interested.  I am including the survey results from the peeps who did Kris Carr's Adventure Cleanse to help motivate you. 



The top 3 biggest detox symptoms?
#1-Fatigue
#2-Headache
#3-Cranky

The top 3 improvements?
74%-Better mood
73%-More energy
62%-Weight loss

Check out what our Adventurers have decided to integrate into their lives post-cleanse:

Chow
94%-More raw foods
63.9%-Vegan
62%-Coffee-free
58%-Low-glycemic


It may sound like you're going to STARVE to death, but I promise you won't!  Here is an example of what I eat for lunch on this cleanse.  Organic Romaine Lettuce, Heirloom tomatoes, Avocado, Himalayan Pink Salt, Black Beans, Red Onion and Amy's Salsa {gluten-vegan}.  It will fill you up.   




And, if you can't stand to live without a treat... babycakes has gluten free-vegan-sugar free desserts.I've baked a few before and I promise they are delicious.  

During our Deliciously Organized Series, I did a post on making time for health.  In this post there are tips on prepping your greens for juices, etc. along with a link to a few of my favorite websites and books.  

Anyone motivated to get started with me? No shot?  Let me know if you're planning on joining in on this cleanse!

*all photographs deliciously organized except babycakes

29 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Babycakes cookbook! I've made a few things from it and everything has been amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm IN...starting Monday. I'm in Vegas this weekend so what better time to start? I love this idea! Going to make some grocery lists today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to do a cleanse, but all the rules make it seem so complex! This actually doesn't seem so bad, just some thoughtful planning. You've inspired me - maybe I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so motivated!! I wish I had half of your motivation and I would be golden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The timing of this post could not be any better. I just got back from Vegas yesterday and need to detox. I have already cheated today with coffee, but I need this. I will be sure to report back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds doable...THanks...Plus, the salad recipe you included is what I eat for lunch at least four days a week..and black beans with salsa is my favorite; I had it last night for dinner. Although, I don't know if I could give up my coffee for 28 days, but I could certainly try giving it up for 12.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been intereeted in a cleanse...most I've found are liquid. Def have to check out the links!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that salad actually looks delicious! i might just have to consider this...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm... I should actually try that. My body is still trying to get back to normal after having twins 5 months ago, so maybe this would give me the boost I need. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did the 'master cleanse' six months ago and it pretty much changed my life! I went 11 days without solid food (and nine days with only drinking the lemonade concoction) and I have never felt that good, ever! I am considering doing the cleanse again in July. I wish I had the will power to do something a little less intense (such as a raw food cleanse) but for some reason, I am more of an 'all or nothing' kind of person, that's why I choose the master cleanse (no eating at all!) Anyways, I would love read more about cleansing/healthy living on your blog!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The whole cleansing thing looks so inviting -esp. in your piccies!
    I wish i had the motivation to eliminate all of the above and stick with it for a week! I've managed to go vegan for a week. I haven't managed to cut coffee out of my diet though - the Greeks have it running through their blood i think!

    My weakness is sugar though...yikes!
    Thanks for inspiring though.
    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete
  12. okay you girls are way to cute! i just hopped over and i'm loving your blog! such a beautiful place!

    xo,
    your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. friend! i failed today! but I was not prepared. I did good until I got to the mall and was starving. tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would be mostly focused on the babycakes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll do it. I need to start next monday though. I can't start mid-week. it'll never work. Plus, I'm making your strawberry buttah tonight :) And, I'll try any cleanse that lets me continue to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just don't think I have the stomach for it! (couldn't resist!!). However, I will definitely sign up for that yummy looking salad...and cupcakes? Did someone say...cupcakes? Yes, please!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am intrigued! Maybe I should give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  18. love cleansing diets! I was actually talking to a friend about it today! I am def trying your suggestion! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm too scared of the fatigue part to do a full-blown cleanse with you, but since going gluten-free, I'm WAY better in the energy/headache department!

    You're a brave girl...and awesome for sharing! Not TMI at all!

    Go for it!
    Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  20. I began my "eating raw" cleanse a few weeks ago, and I am sticking with the 80/20 - 80 raw, 20 cooked, things like roasted veggies, a bit of protein, and tons of fresh fruits and salads. My goal is to live like this - all Summer. Daily yoga, tennis here and there, walking....moving and living life with optimum health in mind. Good luck, I know this is a great thing for each of us!
    Once one cuts out sugar, caffeine, alcohol, gluten, one's tastes are heightened!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  21. I want to do this! I am trying to figure out how to go vegan but I just can't figure it out. I wish this cleanse had a little more details though. The food lists are huge and a little overwhelming to me!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Would much rather eat strawberry butter, but I know this would be good for me and have wanted to do it for a while now. Can you do it without a juicer?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Rene, you most definitely can do it without a juicer. I actually got my juicer late in the game. If you have a blender, you can make nutritious {filling} green smoothies if you're looking to incorporate more greens. Here is a {beginner} green smoothie recipe:

    Basic Balance
    Victoria Boutenko
    1 mango
    1 cup kale
    1 cup water
    Yields 1 quart

    You can add/switch out the mango for whatever fruit you like. Victoria Boutenko has many more recipes listed here:

    http://www.rawfamily.com/recipes

    ReplyDelete
  24. I soooo need to do this. Maybe in a couple weeks when my work schedule isn't so hectic. I have so much trouble eating right when I am working like crazy. This will be perfect to start to get myself put back together.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I want to do it, but am scared, and SO addicted to sugar and my morning coffee!! Having Fibromalgia and taking meds for over 4 years is getting old!! I know that this cleanse would be good for me!! I need someone to me watching me 24/7!! I would be one kranky Mama!! I think I can, I think I can!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the idea, I've always wanted to do something like this. Thank goodness you said 7-12 days because I couldn't commit myself to doing 28! You have so many good ideas on your blog, I'm following!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I started the cleanse on Monday! I linked to you guys on my blog today when I posted a cleanse friendly recipe. How long do you feel like crap though? I feel like I have a hang over!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts. If you have a question, please feel free to leave it in the comment section and I will try to respond ASAP.

Feel free to check the FAQ tab for answers as well. Thank you for stopping by!