photo about-14.png photo contact-10.png photo FAQ.png photo press-2.png photo shop-3.png

Top 5 Favorite Handbag Storage Ideas

Recently a good friend asked me tips on organizing handbags and I thought it might be a suitable post for Deliciously Organized.  I store my clutches in a hanging shoe bag and my larger handbags {I only have a few} are hanging on doorknobs on display.  

Here are my favorites that I've used in the past...

HOOKS:

This is the most interesting way I've ever seen hooks used to store handbags.  I posted about this a while back when it was in Lonny.  Love how much space this saves...


You can also use hooks on your clothing rack, I think it takes up too much valuable closet space, but hey, if you have it, this is a great option!


On the back of the door is an amazing space saver!


Love what they did here on the wall...you could easily set up hooks on the back of a closet wall too.


tip*be aware that over time hooks can put too much strain on your straps


CUBBIES/BOOKSHELF:

I've posted this closet before in the past, I think the above the door storage is genius.  Loved how they used every square inch to neatly organize all their handbags and shoes. 


This would be an easy fix if you had the shelf space...

via

Two wonderful storage ideas, one to use the above door storage space and two to use the door to display a bag on the door


Again, a shelf to keep bags upright 


tip*add tissue paper to keep their shape

ON THE DOOR/DISPLAY:


CLUTCHES:

I mentioned this at the top, but I stack my clutches in a hanging shoe bag and my special ones flat on my dresser.



If you had the space in a drawer, this is a wonderful option...




OTHER OPTIONS:



via

If you have Fall, Winter, Spring & Summer bags you can always store them under the bed:


or in a basket...


tip*store in pillowcases to keep looking new


I know there are several more ways to store bags, but again, these are my favorite!

26 comments:

  1. I would love to have one of these big closets! They are all so gorgeous. I have to make due with my tiny closet right now. I use these on the back of my bedroom door. I need a new set since I have stacked too many purses on the hooks and broken a couple of them. But it is a pretty cheap option. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=14181504

    ReplyDelete
  2. Closet heaven! Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos. I am preparing to do a post on closets as well. Coming soon on:
    http://ordermatters.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! You have really shared some fabulous ideas! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great ideas! Now I just need to figure how to make this happen in my horrible, messy closet AND how to do it with ALL my handbags!! I have such a weakness for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely ideas! Thank you :)My handbags somehow always end up strewn about my closet floor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I love all of the ideas that you shared! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ideas! I wish my closet looked as glamorous as some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many fantastic inspirational closet photos. great ideas, makes me want to head on over and do some organizing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use the behind the doors idea and absolutely love it, saves incredible space!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been meaning to do this for SOO long! Inspiration! Check!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found your blog! It's so amazing...I must keep reading now! Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hooks! I like the hooks! now if only i could have some of those closets.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful ideas and such lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I had any of those closets, they are all amazing and super organized. I keep mine in pillowcases right now, but hopefully one day I'll have a HUGE closet where I can have cubbies :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree I would take any of these closets! I would love to be organized like that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with Lindsay! I wish my closet could look like any of those!

    ReplyDelete
  17. so what you're saying is just throwing them on the floor and kicking them under the bed is not a good storage idea? ;) I wish I had these closets with all the cubbies, I'd try the hooks in a heartbeat. I am thinking of using a basket idea for our entry way - that way it'll free up some of the hooks for other things...like other bags:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I feel like going and cleaning my closet now... is that normal? :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all of these closets with built-ins...I need to get the hubby on that lol. Great inspiration!

    xoxo Maria

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great tips! Totally bookmarking this post...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was just cleaning out my closet today. This has given me so much to think about. Wish my closet was anyone of these! Know I'm late seeing this post, but hey.. It's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the first idea, hanging the handbags on the closet rods. I have plenty of rod space (in 'his' closet...there is no 'he'!)....can't see the details of those cute hooks -- where can I get them?

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the vertical hanging handbag idea, do you know where to buy that contraption? message me at productsnob@gmail.com or visit my website at www.productsnob.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. There are people who are fond of collecting handbags. Proper storage of such is therefore important to maintain its good condition. It is great that there are articles such as this that share helpful tips regarding the matter. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts. If you have a question, please feel free to leave it in the comment section and I will try to respond ASAP.

Feel free to check the FAQ tab for answers as well. Thank you for stopping by!