photo about-14.png photo contact-10.png photo FAQ.png photo press-2.png photo shop-3.png

+ CHRISTMAS AROUND THE LOMBARD COTTAGE

Every year the month of December seems to go by quicker and quicker for me.  As one of my favorite months of the year, I want to freeze it and spend more time with family and friends, more hours baking Holiday treats, drinking eggnog,  and of course enjoying the beautiful decorations and lights that fill the streets and homes.  This time of year is magical to me, as cliche as that is!

Anyway, I can't believe Christmas is next week!  Holy smokes.  If I wait any longer to get this post up Christmas will be over...

This year I tied a bunch of cheapo gold glitter star ornaments together to make some garland.  It makes me very happy when I'm watching Home Alone & Elf for the fifth time this season from my sofa!

 

Oh, and I am ecstatic about this gold dot pillow from Caitlin Wilson Textiles, LOVE IT.  Another item that I'm stoked to be looking at in between Christmas movies, stuffing my face with Christmas cookies & shopping online for last minute gifts!

The sweet girls over at Enjoy Events sent us the most beautiful card with pretty garland wrapped around it.  Added it to this little mirror and ship painting.  Such a fun touch at the front door ;)


I ordered this magnolia wreath and it was bright green and fun to look at for a little while...then, it turned an ugly brown.  Then I imagined it shiny and gold and how fabulous it would be if I painted it gold.  Total. Fail.  Did not turn out the way I thought.  But as a diyer, it would have driven me nuts if I didn't at least try it.


For our tree, I tied leftover navy & blue ribbon from the wedding onto our lights as garland.  They fell off the entire time I was placing them on the tree (thought I'd tell you that in case you try it).  Instead, I decided to tie them once the lights were placed.  Much, much easier.


love me some navy & white stripes!


here she is, all lite up! 


more bows...and collected ornaments over the years (the little ballet shoe is from one of my first nutcrackers I went to).


 one more tree pic, I mean, I took the tripod out for this shot...might as well post a few!


found some cheerful & bright wrap in my gift wrap stash and used that to cover a few gifts: 


added some texture with some twine: 


and there you have it. 
christmas around our place.

5 comments:

  1. This looks so great, I love how you tied bows to the strands of lights. And those pillows are really cute, I'll check out that website! Checkout my post today, it's a guest post: Gift guide for the working girl!
    xxo,

    Jenn
    A Pop of Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it all! The tree lights are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy holidays! this is so sweet... loving the gold star garland and the tree lights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog. The lights are so darling with the ties. And of course I love Caitlin's polka dot pillow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts. If you have a question, please feel free to leave it in the comment section and I will try to respond ASAP.

Feel free to check the FAQ tab for answers as well. Thank you for stopping by!