The picture doesn't necessarily do this dish any justice (no light + iPhone) but it's too easy and delicious not to share!
4-5 lb organic chicken
1 yellow peach
1 sweet potato
4 small red potatoes
1 yellow onion
Himalayan Pink Salt
1. Loosely chop all veggies and fruit and place in slow cooker. Sprinkle cloves, cinnamon, olive oil, salt & pepper all over and then stir up.
2. Cover chicken in olive oil, salt & pepper, thyme and a tiny bit of butter (preference on the butter- tried to make it lower fat). Take 1/4 the veggies/fruit from the slow cooker and stuff in the body of chicken. Throw a couple of garlic cloves inside as well. If you have a lemon, you could also do half a lemon in the body.
3. Place chicken over the remaining veggies/fruit in pot. Cook on low heat for 5-6 hours or the breast of the chicken is at 180 degrees.
4. Towards the last hour, if you feel your veggies/fruit are too dry for you, add a bit of water or chicken broth if you have some on hand.
5. Spoon out a few slices of apple, sweet potato, red potato and add a touch of salt & pepper, half and half (or milk if you had it in your house) and blend up for some sweet mashed taters to serve with it.
6. Once chicken is falling off the bone, serve with the potatoes and the rest of the veggies/fruit.
By the way, your house will smell divine while this is cooking up! We have a ton of leftovers...