photo about-14.png photo contact-10.png photo FAQ.png photo press-2.png photo shop-3.png

our wedding: the first look...

Although I would have enjoyed seeing Chris for the first time at the ceremony, our timeline wouldn't allow it.  We decided to do a first look so that we could take pictures before we got to the gardens.  I'll never forget that moment standing by myself waiting for Chris to meet me.

We both got ready in separate houses and the guys came over to meet the ladies.  I was still in my robe when they showed up.  Just hanging, laughing...doing a quick cheers. 

gem photo

gem photo

By the time I got to my dress, it needed to be a quick turn around because poor Chris was waiting by himself in the front {typical for me to keep him waiting while I get ready, why change that on our wedding day?}.

Quick tangent- one of my favorite moments was watching my sisters learn to bustle my dress the night before.  So many strings leading up to so many buttons.  They did a great job when the time came!

i-phone photos

Finally putting my dress on... 

my littlest sister captured this photo on her phone, one of my favorites from that moment

For the first look, I was taken out to a field to wait for Chris and told to cover my eyes {obviously trying not to ruin my makeup!}:


meanwhile Chris was told to close his eyes and taken out by his best man to meet me {love everyone peeking through the windows}:

gem photo

1, 2...

gem photo

3!

gem photo

gem photo

gem photo

truly so happy...

gem photo


and then came the ceremony....

7 comments:

  1. You looked gorgeous! I love the pictures of you girls drinking champagne, how fun! :)

    Anna
    www.askannamoseley.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @anna~ thank you! nothing like a glass of champagne to get the day started ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many of your wedding photos have shown you lit up with laughter. Those are my favorites! And wow that sounds creepy re-reading it. Sorry...I can't help get all mushy when weddings are involved!

    Marci

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these photos are amazing and you can tell how in love and excited you both are. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these photos, they really capture your happiness. Your dress is beautiful! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, what a gorgeous wedding! And gorgeous couple! I can see why you are in love with your photographer. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts. If you have a question, please feel free to leave it in the comment section and I will try to respond ASAP.

Feel free to check the FAQ tab for answers as well. Thank you for stopping by!