photo about-14.png photo contact-10.png photo FAQ.png photo press-2.png photo shop-3.png

Storing Various Sizes of Makeup Brushes



For a while now I've kept my makeup brushes in a julep cup near my makeup, but recently have been annoyed at the inconvenience of grabbing a brush that is shorter than the cup because...it's just harder to do.  It may seem like something small enough to deal with but over time it has become irritating early in the morning {the heat & humidity have made mornings interesting here in Boston}. 

If you have the same issue try pouring a bit of sand in a vase or jar, and then adding your various sized brushes.  Push a few down further into the sand that are taller, and let the shorter ones just skim the top.  It truly makes a difference!  Now I can add any sized makeup utensil and I don't have to deal with it being difficult to grab!

What is your favorite way to store makeup brushes? 

20 comments:

  1. oh, mine are in the original bobbi brown case in a drawer. e-z to get to and to take away.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use a pot too and have your same problem, I will definitely use your tip! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. I have seen it at MAC...maybe, can't remember. But I never thought to do it at home. Ahhh, summer makeup...doesn't quite look the same

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea. It makes these everyday objects look so stylish and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nearly like a bouquet...mine are just thrown in the drawer with all the makeup and lotions, what a mess! Janell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Idea! I also like how they are seperated too with space in between. Mine are in a julep cup as well and they all fall to one side....this would solve that problem! Thanks for the great tip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think rice would work well too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is brilliant. So easy, but brilliant. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use basically the same thing, a wide clear glass vase, except I used rice instead of sand for the filler. I love that the rice soaks up any water that drips from the brushes when I clean them and let them air dry upright.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agreed this is genius! I have some left over sand from Pottery barn and I am totally going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing ANOTHER fabulous tip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this idea! I have a quick question for you- what kind of camera do you have? It takes fabulous pictures and I'm in the market for a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE THIS! I have been looking for something like this! Thanks!

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the same basic set-up that you do. All my brushes hang out in a Mason Jar in my bathroom. My blush brush is the number one favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I use two jars- one for brushes and mascara, and one for eyeliners. But I do hate when the eyeliners get too short! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great idea! I know just the person to send this to.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts. If you have a question, please feel free to leave it in the comment section and I will try to respond ASAP.

Feel free to check the FAQ tab for answers as well. Thank you for stopping by!